Well, home sweet home. Mountain Home, Idaho. Cool.
I came home today with a body that has consumed too much fast food in one weekend, a lawn that had reached Vacation Length, and eyes and ears that were overwhelmed by how much awesomeness they saw/heard in three days.
Some lists to recap the awesomeness!
Top Five Overall Performances
- The Hold Steady – Best show I’ve ever been to
- Band of Horses – Almost couldn’t have picked a better set list
- LCD Soundsystem – Favorite song was a special moment
- Temper Trap – Wait, what? They actually gave me goosebumps
- Massive Attack – That’s how you put on a SHOW
Honorable Mentions: My Morning Jacket, Local Natives, and MGMT
Most Surprising Performances
- Temper Trap – I thought they’d be “ok”, not “awesome”
- Miike Snow – Glad a swung by!
- Deadmau5 – Weird weird weird, but in a cool way
- MGMT – Heard they had a bad live reputation…I heard wrong
- Pavement – For being epically awful
- Freelance Whales’ sound issues held back show
- Missed The National while The Hold Steady played
- Minus the Bear was just okay
- Didn’t see The xx at all because I went to the wrong stage
- That I wasted 20 minutes of my life on Pavement
Top Five Songs
- The Hold Steady – “Stay Positive”
- LCD Soundsystem - “All My Friends”
- Band of Horses - “Detlef Schrempf”
- Temper Trap- “Sweet Disposition”
- MGMT - “Time to Pretend”
Honorable Mentions: “Sequestered in Memphis” by The Hold Steady, “No One’'s Gonna Love You”/”Funeral”/”Ode to LRC” by Band of Horses, “Generator ^ Second Floor” by Freelance Whales, “Kids” by MGMT, “Sleepyhead” by Passion Pit, "Teardrop” by Massive Attack, “Off the Record” by My Morning Jacket, “Airplane” by Local Natives, “Put Your Hands Together” by The New Pornographers, “Sylvia” by Miike Snow, and “What In It For?” by Avi Buffalo.
And, Finally, The Top Ten Photos
(Holly and I meet the lead singer and drummer of Band of Horses and take an accidentally cool sepia shot)
(Not only did I get to meet The National lead singer, but I told him that I appreciated his new album making my commute better in May)
(Holly and I show how exhausted we are after the late My Morning Jacket show)
(Holly finds a guy with a burger shirt, and realized the burger had no pickles and thus needed hers)
(Finding the lead singer of Local Natives chilling in the lawn)
(You should have seen the excitement when Unicorn on a Stick Girl found Guy With a Unicorn Hankie)
And, finally, a lovely group shot. Because the best times are wonderful times with family and friends: